Landed :: Writing to you from Paris!

Posted on | Saturday, May 15, 2010 | 11 Comments

I stayed up for a straight 58 hours before we hopped on the plane for France... that was one of my longest stretches of no sleep ever. Isn't that nuts? That was after sleeping only a couple hours a night for several days. When we boarded the plane, I slept off and on until Houston and then for the 9 hour flight to Paris, I slept for about 8 hours. ha! I don't like flying, so this was nice. We got one of the middle rows of seats and the plane was fully booked but due to delays, we nearly missed our flight BUT someone else must have too because we got 3 seats for the two of us and I got to curl up on 2 seats for a nice, long sleep.

When we landed, we got our rental car and drove around the city and after finally finding a single parking spot, we stopped at a quaint cafe for lunch... or breakfast? Matt got quiche and I finally got my cheese... toasted goat cheese on a baguette. So yummy. Our hotel room is tiny but nice and after a quick shower, I've come out, ready to hit the streets, but Matt is totally dead asleep. Perhaps I should wake him up? We are in the city of love! Maybe I'll wake him... this girl needs to see the sights!


IMG_2902


IMG_2925


IMG_2924


IMG_2921


IMG_2920

Sleepy looking. But hey, cute hat, yeah? It's the one from flipside hats and I'm wearing my new Amy Wing Designs necklace (I need to get a close-up photo!)

Comments

11 Responses to “Landed :: Writing to you from Paris!”

  1. DK Designs
    May 15, 2010 at 8:55 AM

    Glad you made it safely and got sleep on the flights! Hope the flowers made it safely to you before you left. :) Have an awesome time, rest up before all the work. :)

  2. Amy Wing
    May 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM

    I can't believe you stayed up for 58 hours straight. My brain can't even imagine that! I'm pretty sure I would have been a pile of goo on the floor, and not in any shape to make anything...you are a ROCKSTAR! Enjoy Paris, can't wait to see the close up ;)

  3. its simple love
    May 15, 2010 at 11:15 PM

    Sleep but gorgeous! I don't think you could look bad if you tried! So jealous you are there. Take a zillion pictures and please share them ALL!

    Rachael

    p.s. Thanks for commenting on my blog! It was very sweet!

  4. Michelle
    May 17, 2010 at 7:48 AM

    How fun- have and AMAZING time! That baguette looks mighty tastey :)

  5. Yumi @ Natsukashii
    May 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM

    Have a wonderful time!!

  6. Unknown
    May 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM

    Mom said you sent me an email with pictures, but I haven't seen it yet. Did you send it from a different email address?? Glad you're having fun. Don't forget to give us your flight info.

  7. Stuart & Welch
    May 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM

    Great! These are beautiful!
    check out our blog
    http://stuartandwelch.blogspot.com/
    http://stuartandwelch.blogspot.com/

  8. Jade Sheldon
    May 23, 2010 at 12:59 PM

    58 hrs!!? I don't think I could ever make it that long without sleep. I get horrible sick if I don't get enough rest.

    I'm so happy for you the two of you being able to be together in the city of love! *Sigh* I've only been to Paris once and it was before I met Cory. I hope him and I get to take a trip there someday soon.

    Have a fantastic time... can't wait to read more about it :)

    ♥ Jade

  9. Sandy a la Mode
    May 25, 2010 at 1:01 PM

    hello! i am visiting over from your sister's blog! i can't believe i didn't find you earlier! you and your husband are too cute and your shop items are truly GORGEOUS! you have such a crafty family!! =)

  10. Suzanne
    May 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM

    totally cute hat! And you look great sleepy!

  11. Green Girl
    May 25, 2010 at 11:43 PM

    hi Myra,

    Paris - how i wish!!!

    found your blog and shop thru your sister's blog and i just want to say that i love your creations. couldn't help but put together a post right away and certainly enjoyed:)

    if you have time, you can see the feature here:
    http://theshopbug.blogspot.com/ and
    http://weddingbug.blogspot.com/

    will surely be back,
    thanks,
    Rachel

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives