My "new" to me sewing table

Posted on | Tuesday, January 12, 2010 | 9 Comments

I found this old sewing table at an antique shop last weekend... actually... I found it in October and thought about it for a couple months. Good thing I waited because it was over 50% off. Yay! Matt asked several times if I wanted him to repaint it. I said "no". I like the beat up look... someone or several people loved it over the years and after a few coats of paint, I like the way it looks now. :)


table2


table1


It came with an old sewing machine that still works!


table5


table3


table4


What treasures will we find in here?


table7


Original spare parts and...


table6


The original instructions. Someone, somewhere is reading this post thinking... who would buy my old, worn table?
Update: I guess I should say how much I nabbed it for! So I really know nothing about antiques, but it was originally $150 in October and I got it on sale for $65. I don't know if this is a great deal, but since October, I daydreamed about it and thought about how to talk it down to $100... so hey, it's less than what I was willing to pay for it! ;)

Comments

9 Responses to “My "new" to me sewing table”

  1. Sharon Lei
    January 12, 2010 at 4:19 PM

    Myra... I'm so jealous of your sewing table... and original Singer! Oh my gosh. I'm in love.

  2. Sharon Lei
    January 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM

    hmmm.. wait is it a singer? regardless if it is or not.. it's still beautiful! :)

  3. umama
    January 12, 2010 at 4:32 PM

    This is gorgeous!! I found an old sewing machine that someone had actual thrown away on the curb! It looks almost like yours, but I have yet to touch it! But your table is gorgeous!

  4. n i l e e y
    January 12, 2010 at 5:39 PM

    Wow, you are so lucky to get it at half price!

  5. BaronessVonVintage
    January 12, 2010 at 6:42 PM

    that is the most staggeringly beautiful piece I've EVER seen!!!!!!

  6. olivia
    January 12, 2010 at 7:04 PM

    That is a gorgeous sewing table! The colour and details are incredible ... :D

  7. Sharon Lei
    January 12, 2010 at 10:24 PM

    I think $65 is a steal!!! wow.

  8. Lisa & Thomas
    January 13, 2010 at 12:21 AM

    What a beautiful find!
    I just love antiquing!!

    Even $100 would have been well worth it!
    Great job!!

  9. Unknown
    January 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM

    Nice! What a great find. Takes a lot of patience and a good eye to find pieces like that. Well done! Kind of puts our Brothers to shame though doesn't it... ;)

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives