1 week+ :: Vegan* diet

Posted on | Tuesday, November 10, 2009 | 4 Comments

Some funny/interesting/cool things I've noticed since cutting out meat, dairy, eggs, processed sugar and white flour:
1. My teeth feel incredibly clean. When I brush my teeth, my teeth feel clean before I start... no gunky stuff. My tongue stays clean too... no whitish crap.
2. I don't crave sweets. I don't crave much actually. I used to crave bad food, but I feel less excited about snacking.
3. I've lost fat all over. In particular, I noticed a happy loss of almost an inch on my waist... down to 24"!
4. My skin is incredibly clear, smooth and soft. I have tried so many topical gimmicks, but this diet trumps them all. Matt says I have a radiant glow.
5. The whites of my eyes are brighter and whiter. Yay!
6. I get over sickness faster. This one is funny. I have only been on this new diet for a week, but Matt got sick all last week and through the weekend. Pretty bad. Over the weekend, we stayed in and watched 5 seasons of The Office while he was recovering. On Sunday afternoon, I started feeling sick after spending literally every waking minute with him... real sick. Just like his symptoms. Less than two days later, my sore throat is almost completely gone.

Aw~ So happy with the side effects thus far.
Oh! I also drank some Kombucha on Sunday and yesterday, and that *may* have helped. I think it tastes like vomit (sorry if you like the taste), but I was ready to try everything because I can't afford to be sick again!

Comments

4 Responses to “1 week+ :: Vegan* diet”

  1. chelsea
    November 10, 2009 at 10:27 AM

    this is wonderful!! gosh i really need to give up dairy. there was a time a few years ago when i was vegan and i've never felt healthier! it's so hard to resist all the yogurt and cheese in europe though! maybe i will start when i get home.. um.. or maybe after the holidays!!

    way to go, myra!!!

  2. laura
    November 10, 2009 at 8:11 PM

    SO AGREE on the Kombucha = vomit stance. My cousin swears by the stuff so I gave it a run when I was feeling like I was getting sick a few weeks ago.. oh man, I got through almost the whole thing (nearly had to hold my nose to get it down towards the end though) and I did not enjoy it at all.

    ..didn't get sick though! woohoo!

    While I am not certain I have the willpower nor the wherewithal to go vegan, it is wonderful to hear you're seeing such positive results for all your hard work!

  3. Kim
    November 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM

    How's week 2 going? Love seeing your progress... it's been inspiring me to clean up my own diet and I love hearing about the good, the bad, and the nas-tay!

  4. Unknown
    April 28, 2010 at 12:59 PM

    what kind of Kombucha are you drinking ! whole foods has one named cosmic cranberry and its not to terrible, the thing about Kombucha is that the more you drink it, the more you like it.. i hated it at first too !

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives