We're back! :: Short trip to Orlando

Posted on | Tuesday, November 18, 2008 | 5 Comments

Matt and I had a great time in Orlando, FL last week for a business trip. It's nutty how things pile up FAST when you leave town! On top of the busy part of business, after we got back, Matt got sick, then I got sick, and our poor pup got sick too! I have been taking care of my two "babies".

While we were in Florida, we ate some great food and saw some Disney highlights. I couldn't believe the great 80+ degree weather. It was very humid, and the natural curl in my hair was loving it (though I tried to blow it out). Do other wavy/curly haired gals know what I'm talking about? It made me want to shave my head!

We didn't have a ton of time, but it was good for us to get outside! The whole Christmas decorations in warm weather was new for me. Holiday lights on palm trees... awesome!

I think one of my favorite parts of the trip was going to "Morocco" at Epcot for dinner with Matt. Delish!

Here are a few photo highlights:



Leaving Buena Vista Palace to go to DisneyWorld (right about now, I'm thinking about how my hair is getting curly)!



No lines at the Monorail in November!



First destination at DisneyWorld... Epcot!



I found this guy scurring across the sidewalk while we were walking to Downtown Disney. It then proceeded to pee and turn a bright green color.



Matt... the monster! Arrrh!



In Downtown Disney with my Lego dog. Indy would be so jealous!



At the awards dinner. I forgot to have a picture taken of us together. Oops! This will suffice. Like how we coordinated with the colors? I made Matt's pocket thing-a-mah-jig and he chose his tie. How cute!



Cool... black lights.



Look as this goofy guy. Matt and I were taking a lunch break at Tomorrowland in DisneyWorld when I spotted this bird. It wanted food of course, so I tossed it a bit of cream cheese filled pretzal. It didn't want it! What was midly disturbing was that when I tossed it a bit of turkey leg meat, it gobbled it up. I hope they are very, very distant relatives in the world of birds.




I asked a nice old lady to take our picture in front of Cinderella's Castle at the Magic Kingdom. I didn't realize until later, that you can't really see much of the Castle in this photo. ;)



Success!



The biggest gingerbread house I have ever seen!



Inside the Grand Floridian.
That's all!

Comments

5 Responses to “We're back! :: Short trip to Orlando”

  1. Angel @ loveandsplendor.com/blog
    November 19, 2008 at 7:58 AM

    i loved this glimpse at your trip to Orlando! erik & i heart disneyworld and have been twice in 3 years. haha our favorite place to stay is the wilderness lodge. did you get a chance to see other resorts? next time we want to stay at the animal kingdom lodge! ;-)

  2. Anonymous
    November 19, 2008 at 11:02 AM

    Girl! I am SO glad you were able to make to Orlando with Matt! That awards ceremony looked SUPERcool.. what was it for? I am SO SORRY I've been so out of touch.. I owe you some file, an email and anything else I can think to say thank you for being the AWESOME YOU that you are! This week has been been wedding planning insanity, so much going on! And it doesn't help that my jobby job is kicking my arse! Yikes.. just breath, right? Well, it is nuts to know that you guys were only 2.5 hours away from us this past weekend, it would have been awesome to have run into you, but definitely in the future, eh? I hope you and Matt are feeling better, and I look forward to talking with you soon!
    Best wished to you both & Indy!

  3. Anonymous
    November 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM

    Girl! I am SO glad you were able to make to Orlando with Matt! That awards ceremony looked SUPERcool.. what was it for? I am SO SORRY I've been so out of touch.. I owe you some file, an email and anything else I can think to say thank you for being the AWESOME YOU that you are! This week has been been wedding planning insanity, so much going on! And it doesn't help that my jobby job is kicking my arse! Yikes.. just breath, right? Well, it is nuts to know that you guys were only 2.5 hours away from us this past weekend, it would have been awesome to have run into you, but definitely in the future, eh? I hope you and Matt are feeling better, and I look forward to talking with you soon!
    Best wished to you both & Indy!

  4. Tiffany
    November 23, 2008 at 1:17 AM

    LOVE all the new pictures! glad to see you guys had a nice get a way!

  5. Anonymous
    December 3, 2008 at 3:20 PM

    Hey Myra! It's Leah from Orlando! You're making hair pieces for me and my bridal party in November '09! :-) Very cool to see the pics of your Orlando trip! I have the EXACT same problem with my hair, which is one of the reasons I am LOVING the cooler temps and lack of humidity this time of year in Florida! And I don't even have a NICE curl to my hair - it just turns from straight to FUR! haha I just put my straightening iron away during the months of May - October and don't bother! ;-)

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog