New piece and weekend recap

Posted on | Monday, November 24, 2008 | 4 Comments

Matt and I had a wonderful time chatting with brides and attendees to the Fall Bravo! Wedding Affair in downtown Portland. We accompanied our fabulous wedding photographers, Paul and Holly of Paul Rich Studio. Paul and Holly have had quite the year and it was great to view some of their gorgeous wedding albums. One twigs & honey hair piece was the raffle prize for a lucky winner and another lucky lady will be working with me on a custom hair piece, which was another raffle prize.

Matt and I also had a minute of fun visiting Paparazzi Tonight, who specialize in photo booths for wedding and special occasions. The photos are quick and fun and would be a blast for your wedding guests! The bonus is that they can be printed in mere seconds and later downloaded from home. Check out our pictures:



Very cool!

Like the hair piece I'm wearing? Well, I'm listing it in my Etsy shop for some special lady to enjoy! The day before the event, I knew I wanted to wear a hair piece and went back to an old favorite for inspiration, Marie Antoinette the movie. I was inspired by the film when planning our wedding and loosely based my wedding day hairstyle on those featured in the film. Over the weekend, I was particularly smitten with this look:



Source: The Costumer's Guide


Here's what I came up with:



I was going to wear it on top of my head like Kirsten in the movie, but Matt poo poo'd that idea and said to wear it off to the side. :)

Check it out in my Etsy shop!

Thank you so much Paul & Holly! Also, thank you to all the brides at the Bravo! event. I had a wonderful time chatting with everyone!

Comments

4 Responses to “New piece and weekend recap”

  1. Tiffany
    November 24, 2008 at 10:38 PM

    what a pretty piece! you have been a busy lady!

  2. Katie
    November 25, 2008 at 9:32 AM

    Sophia's version of Marie Antionette is seriously my fav. movie of all time. What a perfect hair piece, I love all your work but this one might just be the most delicious yet!! : )

  3. Anonymous
    November 26, 2008 at 11:08 PM

    Ooh. I love this one!

  4. Melissa
    December 1, 2008 at 6:00 PM

    So pretty!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog