Travel update :: One missed flight and a down cell phone...

Posted on | Wednesday, April 23, 2008 | 4 Comments

We are in Reno at the moment after having missed our late flight Monday night. We did manage to get the next flight in the early morning, but that just made us a little more behind on everything. Plus! My cell phone is not getting reception... so strange.

Other than those hang ups, things are going great! I'm getting to all the convos and pieces and eating some great food in between. I'll be searching for the post office in a minute and shipping out some orders, and should be right back to work after that. Dinner last night: Lemon caper Alaskan Halibut, calamari, and French onion soup. Mmmmm!

Here are some travel photos:


At the airport and waiting for the rental car with all the essentials: make up bag, hat for the flattened hair after sleeping on it, a sleeve for my tea (from an Etsian!), and other tid bits.



The view from our room.



His and her workstations and the remnants of lunch.



Much of twigs & honey crammed into a suitcase. The rooster box contains none other than some of the most fabulous feathers. Who needs labels? I'm such a visual person! :)

Comments

4 Responses to “Travel update :: One missed flight and a down cell phone...”

  1. Unknown
    April 23, 2008 at 12:33 PM

    I read everyday Style Me Pretty to get inspirations for my own wedding. I absolutely love your creations and your wedding is simply wonderful. Also I was wondering who is the designer of your dress and if the flowers on the back are your own creation? Thank you again for sharing your wedding.

  2. Myra - twigs and honey
    April 23, 2008 at 1:33 PM

    Hi Silvia!

    I was trying to figure out the best way to connect with you and am hoping that you check back on these comments. :)

    Thank you for your sweet words about our wedding. The designer of my wedding dress was Elizabeth Dye (http://elizabethdye.com) and she did in fact create the flowers on the back of my dress by hand! Fabulous, yes? I do make similar ones, but she deserves all the credit for the ones on my dress. It was actually the top portion of a detachable train.

    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    Myra

  3. Anonymous
    April 24, 2008 at 8:44 AM

    AAaaah!! Myra!!! Hey sweet little traveler :) I hope you and Matt are having fun in Reno!! I just saw your wedding coverage on Style Me Pretty!! I can't tell you how wonderful of a feeling it was to read it and see your pictures and think to myself, "Goodness, how awesome is it that we are friends!!" Also, thank you for your email a few days back - work has been taking up a lot of time lately (this is a good thing, though!) and I have been behind in my emails.. BUT I will be getting back to you shortly and I wish you and Matt a very safe and happy trip!! Talk to you soon!
    Lots of Love,
    Marisa

  4. boody
    April 24, 2008 at 5:53 PM

    Myra! I was so excited to see your wedding on style me pretty!!!! SOOOO COOL!!! What a beautiful day =) Good luck with all your orders!!!

Twigs & Honey products

Brand new! Myra Callan Bridal line

Purchase my new book through Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble

t&h_shop Photobucket

Some love

Portland Bride & Groom  Loves Us!

Search This Blog

Archives